8.20.2008



"Keep a grateful journal. Every night, list five things that happened this day that you are grateful for. What it will begin to do is change your perspective of your day and your life. If you can learn to focus on what you have, you will always see that the universe is abundant; you will have more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never have enough."
Oprah Winfrey (1954 - )


Five Things I Am Grateful For Today

1. Leo and his red boots at the park. Leo is brave. From looking at this photo you would maybe think he is the shy sort but oh no-Leo is an explorer. I am taking lessons from Leo and I am going to put more exploring on my to-do list because this little guy is never without his smile.
2. My mother-in-law's yummy potato salad and banana pudding.
3. The feeling that autumn, my favorite season, is around the corner.
4. Youtube. I absolutely enjoyed every second of watching this man paint, and this woman talk about writing--she is so funny, and this song---if you watch it, watch till the end cause that's the best part i think.
5. For Olivia spotting a feather as it fell from a bird flying above us. We watched it float down in awe. Simple beauty. My husband caught the feather and we proclaimed it "good luck."