and today I am grateful for...
* for packages (see above image) that land in a big wonderful surprise on the porch and incite much ohhing and ahhhing! a hug and the biggest of thank yous to the awesome misty mawn! the GORGEOUS print is on the mantel, the journal at home, here beside me as i type (i will place found poems on the creamy, painted pages.), the cards are all around the kitchen so that i can enjoy them every single day! misty is the kindest, most generous kind of soul but many of you probably already knew that. i was lucky to get in on her pay-it-forward post on FB. soon, very soon, i must think about working on making and gathering my own goodies to send out as i have finally found my list of names and addresses from months ago.
* for the joy of writing outside in the cool early a.m. and doing my morning pages though I really didn't feel like it.
* for summer break and trampolines and lemon tea
* for pretty yellow zucchini blossoms
* for impromtu lunch picnics on patchwork quilts which turn into lazy afternoon reading sessions. i finished up "the haunting of hill house" and worked on a short story. olivia started "the secret order of the gumm street girls." i don't know much about olivia's book other than magical shoes are involved but that is enough for me.
* for re-discovering Questionaut, a computer game that I don't mind my daughter playing. It is visually breathtaking and is oh so clever!
* for a phone call in which i was told that another art piece has sold! whoo-hoo! what a good feeling when another connects with something created by my hands and heart. i am still a bit in awe over the whole process. and EXTREMELY grateful. kelly will be getting a better father's day gift this year than last and i'm so happy to be buying it with "my own" money. i was also able to place a book order on Amazon and will be having a bit of repair work done around the house soon. hopefully very soon. and all with "art money." i am loving this and sending up thanks to the heavens as i write these words.