5.28.2009


"To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions." -Deepak Chopra

I encourage you to carve out a bit of alone time for yourself today; I know I am going to try. Olivia is rehearsing long hours for the big annual ballet with Virginia Ballet Academy. The show is this Sunday. More rehearsal time for her means I am gifted with a few hours to do with what I will. Yesterday I met my friend, J. for dinner and laughs at Panera. She's a friend with a busy busy life so we don't get to see one another very often. It was nice to catch up and the time flew.
Tonight I have plans to listen to crafty podcasts and clean the house. The laundry piles quick around here. I am going to try my best to ignore the gessoed wood blocks waiting for paint and the pretty pink squares wanting to be stitched...maybe.
blessings,

3 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

Such an undervalued commodity - solitude. I live alone, just me & a cat, and I still fight for it, and I still never get enough. In no way, ever, ever, would I give up my friends & family, but oh, blessed solitude. Sometimes I get in the Jeep & just drive which is not quite the same thing, but with the radio off & a cup of ice by my side, it is close. Good luck on ignoring those blocks & stitching. LOL!

:) Debi

PS - Thank you for the wonderful comments on my blog. i can't remember if I've replied yet, but I think not. I have, however, thought about your words, and welcomed your 3 hugs! :)

Relyn Lawson said...

My alone time was this morning. I spent the entire morning in my bed with a great book. I didn't stop reading until I had finished it. Heaven. Now, of course, my family is home and needing attention. So are the chores. Of course, here I sit.

boracay island philippines said...

This is what i really need after all that i had gone through.. thanks