1.29.2008

Catching Up

I feel the need to apologize for the leaving the blog so long. You have been wonderful to keep checking in and I thank you from my heart's core.
Life changed for me in a big way on December 31st with a health issue, one that for the first day or so had me trembling and hiding under the covers. So many women get similar news every year and they live, I kept telling myself. But one thing I do not talk much about here on my blog is my absolute dedication to a natural way of life, one that involves using plants and food as our medicine. I hold tight to the belief that our thoughts create our reality.
Not a big surprise then how after meditating a few days into the new year I was overwhelmed with the rightness of the decision to treat my body, my spirit in the way I felt was best and it was for me personally, not through invasive type treatments. I have made some big life changes. I am back to being a vegetarian again. I am not consuming any processed foods or sugar (other than my weekly honey on sunday when I meet one of my best friends for tea---not caffeinated)
Yoga is a morning ritual now. Weekly lymphatic drainage massages, reiki sessions and my beloved essential oils are helping me on this path. Visualization and prayer have been my best friends. :)
I feel stronger and more in tune with my body and more connected to my soul than ever so truly all is well. I wake up each morning joyful for a new day. Eventually I will share some of my journaling here though I am a bit shy about now.
I can share though that I finished the first draft of "Able." Yay! Just accomplishing this of course thrills me. I have never written such a hefty amount and the weight of the pages feels good in my hand, Losing myself in Able's world, Virginia 1902, has been a blessing and I am having a ton of fun digging into the research part of the writing. This whole writing process is a fairly new experience for me but luckily there are many excellent books to keep one encouraged or to guide one along each step of the way.
This photo is of a corner in our bedroom. If I ever find myself with some writing time in the afternoon this is where I usually settle myself. The light is comforting here.

Blessings to each of you!

xo,

8 comments:

xxxxx said...

So glad for this update from you Tricia, although I'm obviously sorry to hear you're dealing with a health issue... I share your views regarding treatment when it is really an option (some conditions have a time factor that may make conventional medicine a best option). I've been healing a severe condition the holistic way for the past 3 and a half years and it has tremendously improved (conventional treatments were only offering a temporary but drastic solution). As you may know, I'm an energy healer and practice reiki among other things. I am also mostly vegetarian, use herbs and homeopathy at times, body-friendly cosmetics and products etc... and take responsibility for my health and well being. It does make a difference. I wish you the best on your healing journey and your writing adventure (I'm also walking that creative path right now). Blessings,

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

I was so happy to see your name pop up on my bloglines. Sorry to hear that you aren't doing well health-wise. It sounds as though you are taking good care of yourself. Sending good healing thoughts your way.
xoxo,
bri

sue said...

Dealing with some health issues of my own, I just looked this book up on Amazon, looks interesting to say the least! Have you found it be useful?

Tam I Am said...

Sorry to hear of your illness. Louise Hay information is always a huge help. I'm glad to know you are using holistic methods as well. When meditating you can see yourself and your cells as healed and that can help, too! Be your own best doctor.

Wishing you great healing.

Betzie said...

Happened upon your blog from another one I was visiting and clicked your link. You sound like you are doing all the right things and I hope all goes well for you. I love your space here...it is filled with light and very cheery. Lovely paint color too...stay in faith and hope.

Amy said...

I am so glad to hear from you through your blog. I check often as your blog name appears at the top of my favorites list (It pays to have a name that alphabetically gives you a leg up!!).
I hope you are feeling strong in your journey. If and when you feel like sharing more, I am hear to listen/read :)
Glad to hear about your "Able" writing getting some literal "weight"!!
Amy

Ro Bruhn said...

What a lovely area to sit and contemplate, Louise Hay is so inspiring, I hope your health problems are soon resolved, I'm a reiki master and am a great believer in the power of energy healing and positive thought, as well as a healthy diet.
Take care
Ro
xo

Jeanne said...

It is so good to see that you have been posting to your blog again. It's hard to think of doing anything when health issues get in the way. Did you see Louise Hay on Oprah last week? I just bought her DVD Movie last night and watched it....so inspiring.

xo jeanne