3.19.2007

ARTWORDS---URBAN


click image for a better view.
As I was going through a box of photos from my collage days in Atlanta I came across a manipulated SX-70 polaroid of one of my classmates. I always thought the shadow from his hair against the blue dumpster near the school looked like wings. Sad that try as I might I can't recall his name. I do however remember well those days of heating the polaroids with a hair dryer and moving the emulsion around with a burnishing tool. Someone mentioned to me that you can't buy the SX-70 film any longer. That's a sad thing cause it was so much fun.
I scanned this image into Photoshop and added some type and gave it a different edge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really neat image... I think I still have an old Poaroid camera (or two!) around here - too bad the film isn't still available!