2.02.2007

"She Was Touched To The Heart"


5 x 5 inches on watercolor paper
(this and the previous pink art-serendipity- are scheduled for tonight on ebay if you are interested)
I used up some scraps of pink paper on this one, some old ribbon and a vintage photo. This is an original photo I got last summer at a yardsale down the street from our house. I lucked up that day---a small box of photos and papers for $10.

This is just a quick post today. As you can see from the photo below, Olivia (the one on the left)has friends over and we are doing school together this morning. After school time is homeschool skating, then playtime and then girl scouts. Quite the busy wonderful blessed day!



I just wanted to add that I know almost all the pics I take are in the same rooms and there is a reason, a very good reason for this. We have an old house (1898) and only two, almost three rooms, have been done so far...the dining room---we put in a new ceiling, chair rail, repaired damaged plaster, new light fixture. We have also done the downstairs bathroom-that was gutted. The current project is the hallway--going on for some time now due mostly to budget concerns...we just ran out of money, really---and the outside. when it warms up we will finish the exterior. One day I may get brave and post some other unfinished rooms. i may even show you the hole in my kitchen ceiling! lol

1 comment:

Susan Tuttle said...

This is darling Tricia!!! I also enjoyed a little view into your world with the kids having school. Wow--what an undertaking with the old house--I envy you--I love old houses!! You've done such a great job so far!!!! Hubbie and I didn't have the courage to undertake something like that, so we built a new house meant to look old.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! I hope you will come to JustBe--I'd love to meet you!

Susan
xo