12.19.2006

20 Questions

I found this on a blog I recently found and just love: Bluhm Studios !
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate-definitely, lots of whipped cream. That sounds good, maybe I will have that for breakfast. Hey, it's Christmas! :) I said I would start keeping a food journal after the holidays...
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He always wraps but never does a good job of it. It's like he doesn't like wrapping or something.
3. Colored lights or white on tree/house? White (I am thinking of getting an artificial for next year, one of those pre-lit ones because my husband, Kelly is downright grumpy when it is time for the lights...and Kelly is rarely grumpy....but I have learned to leave the room and not say a word!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes. We bought some at our local Farmer's Market last week. I have only gotten two kisses though. Maybe I haven't been standing still long enough.
5. When do you put your decorations up? No certain time, just as soon as we can talk Kelly into going out to get a tree.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? oyster chowder
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Seeing my grandpa, Papa John, holding a shiny old coin made into a necklace that was just for me.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still don't know. What?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Olivia opens her gifts from us.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With ornaments that we have collected over the years. I would have loved to have used the box of awesome vintage ornaments our neighbor gave us but they got broken, the whole box...thanks to one of the grandparents. I won't mention who. I don't want her to feel bad all over again.
11.Snow… love it or dread it? Love it. No sign of it so far this year though.
12. Do you know how to ice skate? no, I am not very graceful.
13.Do you remember your favorite gift? Olivia! or anything made by her.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family. The least would be all the rushing that we all do.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? anything combining chocolate and nuts!, or anything cheesecake like...or sweet potato pie...or coconut pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? every year we make cookies and reindeer mix on Christmas Eve, then we cuddle by the fire and watch The Snowman video based on the book by Raymond Briggs. It is really cool. No words, just music. It is magical!
17. What tops your tree? a shabby chic metal star we bought at Target one year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. Definitely. We exchanged gifts with my neice and nephew the other day and to see my three-year-old nephew holding his set of blocks like a baby saying over and over "I want this" was just a feeling I love.
19. Favorite Christmas Song? I love them all. Really. Ella Fitzgerald's Christmas CD is in the player right now.
20. Favorite Flavor of Candy Canes? just the reg.

Thank you to Heather for posting the questions. I really enjoyed answering them. (plus i was able to put off laundry and dishes for a bit longer!)

No comments: